Graphic Design & Marketing
Companies use web ads to reach customers directly with product announcements, sales, specials, educational information, seasonal promotions, how to use a product, and new uses for a product.
- You will design: Design five web ads. All five will be a different size.
- Size: use these common Google web ad sizes:
728 x 90px at 72ppi
(design at 3 times the size—2184 x 270px, 72ppi, RGB)
- Half Page
300 x 600px at 72ppi
(design at 3 times the size—900 x 1800px, 72ppi, RGB)
- Medium Rectangle
300 x 250px at 72ppi
(design at 3 times the size—900 x 750px, 72ppi, RGB)
- Wide Skyscraper
160 x 600px at 72ppi
(design at 3 times the size—480 x 1800px, 72ppi, RGB)
- Large Mobile Banner
320 x 100px
(design at 3 times the size—660 x 300px, 72ppi, RGB)
- Software: Use Photoshop or Illustrator, RGB, 300 ppi
- Presentation: Create all 3 ads on one page
Follow a design process
- Define your project's objective
- What does your customer want?
- What is your message?
- Who is your target audience?
- Find inspiration
- Research the competition
- Research what other designers are doing
- Find trends in design, type, colors, photos, and art styles
- Find a real guide or template to use
- Sketch your ideas
- Present your work
- Critique - get feedback
- Adjust your design as needed
- Reflect on your design and feedback
- Google Display Ads (Behance)
Only 7 Brand Assets were used to create these ads
The process is fairly simple. Designers create, choose, or are given photos, words (copy), design elements (borders), colors, and typefaces. They arrange these brand assets to create the web ads shown below.
Were used to create these web ads