Apple Touch Icon
Here is how I added a customized, branded icon to my web site that visitors can "add to home screen" on an iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone.
Pretty cool and very simple.
- Create your icon in Photoshop
- RGB, 100 x 100 pixels
- Name your file: apple-touch-icon.png (save as a .png file)
- Place the file in the root level of your web site's directory
- Load the web site on your iPod or iPhone and click add to screen
- The device's software automatically rounds your corners and hightlights it to look 3D